Monday, November 15, 2010

Days 4- 10

Goodness, I'm behind on posting my results! I had a hectic exam week at school last week. But I have none the less been keeping up with my submersion technique. I take my quick survey every night so I have a hard copy of my results. Even if I wasn't doing the submersion technique I think tracking my symptoms is a really good idea for Raynaud's. It's interesting to see just how much of an impact Raynaud's has on my life. It makes me think about what may be affecting my Raynaud's. If any of you would like to start tracking your Raynaud's symptoms – even if your not using the submersion technique – using the survey just email or comment on this post and I'll send you a copy. I'm working on trying to get an online interactive version coded so that it is easier for people to send me their results. But for the time being the current survey is working fine. I'd love to hear your Raynaud's stories!

I've switched to doing two repetitions in the morning and two at night. It ends up being about 30 minutes total in the morning and another 30 minutes at night – including time to get the water and what not together. Not bad at all, considering how much potential this treatment has for drastically improving my life. I took advantage of the time change last weekend, so I could get up 30 minutes early and do the submersion before I go to school at eight. It really isn't that much of a hassle.

Like before I'm having less severe Raynaud's symptoms. My attacks seem to sort of slowly get bad and then slowly go away. It's not like the sudden – BAM can't move my fingers – I had before. I am still having symptoms, so there is more work to be done! But good things come to those who wait, right?

I have noticed that I am much less cold in general. Sitting outside for a total of 40 minutes a day will generally build up one's tolerance for cold. This is a nice little bonus, since I am one of those people who is always FREEZING. I'm terrified that when I am 80, like my grandma, I'll be turning the heating up when it's already 80º outside. I made it through my boyfriend's playoff soccer game the other day in about 30º weather, and wasn't dying of cold. This was quite an accomplishment for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment