Friday, December 31, 2010

Holiday Time

Exams, blizzards and travel oh my! December was one of the most hectic months I've had in a long time -- thus the lack of posts -- and left my Raynaud's Project a bit unattended. A disastrous snowstorm left the outside tundra too cold even for me, and my warm water began to freeze a few minutes into the treatment. I kept it up when possible for the first two weeks or so, but then ventured to the desert on the 20th for Christmas. Without my cold climate I couldn't do the submersion technique, bummer! December was an ironic twist of too hot and too cold for my poor Raynaud's. But I did get some kick butt gloves and a 20 degree sleeping bag to keep my fingers and toes warm until I can beat this disease.

I guess the good thing is that I haven't had many Raynaud's symptoms out here where it's 50 degrees or more. I had 5-6 really severe attacks in back in the mountains before I left, and I had very serious blistering on my toes where they had been constantly cold. This is disappointing as I would have liked to have completely cured my Raynaud's by now, but understandable since my treatment was sporadic.

I guess my New Year's resolution will be to keep project consistent. Four times every other day until warm weather hits!

No comments:

Post a Comment